Truck light bars typically include aBar mounts, which are used to attach the light bar to the roof; LED lights, which provide high-intensity illumination; and wiring harnesses, which connect the light bar to the truck’s electrical system.
Most light bars have multiple settings, allowing them to be switched between different light patterns.
For example, many have a steady beam for use when driving in fog or other low-visibility conditions.
Some also have a flashing mode that can be used to signal to other drivers or to attract attention in an emergency situation.
While light bars are often associated with trucks and other large vehicles, they can also be found on smaller cars and motorcycles.
There are many benefits to installing a light bar on a truck. Some of them include…
- Improve visibility, making it easier for drivers to see and be seen.
- Enhance safety, as they can be used to warn other drivers of potential hazards.
- Improve the aesthetics of a truck, giving it a more rugged and aggressive look.
- It can increase the resale value of a truck.
Besides the benefits, there are a few drawbacks to installing a roof rack light bar on a truck. These include…
- First, light bars can be expensive, so you’ll need to factor the cost into your budget.
- These can be difficult to install, so you’ll need to make sure you have the proper tools and knowledge before attempting the installation.
- It can add a lot of weight to the roof of your truck, which could impact fuel economy.
- It can be a distraction to other drivers, so you’ll need to use them responsibly, especially in bad weather conditions.
Table of Contents
Installing the Light Bars On the Truck
Installing a light bar on your truck is not a difficult task. Here are the DIY steps you need to follow:
- Choose the right location for the light bar.
- Mark and drill the holes for the mounting brackets.
- Attach the mounting brackets to the roof of the truck.
- Place the light bar on the brackets and secure it in place.
- Connect the wiring harness to the light bar and the truck’s electrical system.
- Test the light bar to make sure it is working properly.
- Enjoy your new light bar!
With a little bit of effort, you can easily install a LED light bar on your truck and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.
However, it’s important to take your time and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the light bar or your vehicle.
Cost to Install a Light Bar on a Truck
The cost of installing a light bar on a truck will vary depending on the type of light bar you choose and the difficulty of the installation.
Generally, you can expect to pay between $50 and $300 for the light bar and installation.
But in some cases, it can go as high as $475 to $485.
So on average, a light bar with typical features and an average length of 40 inches will cost you about $350 to $360.
Between the cost of the light bar, installation, and wiring, it can be a pricey project to install a light bar on your truck.
But the results are worth it – you’ll have an extra set of eyes on the road that can help you avoid accidents and get you where you’re going safely.
Factors that Affect the Light Bar Cost on Truck?
The cost of installing a light bar on your truck will vary depending on the type of light bar you choose and the difficulty of the installation.
Some factors that will affect the price change include:
1- The type of light bar you choose: If you want a high-quality LED light bar, then it will cost you more as compared to a Xenon light bar.
2- The length of the light bar: A longer light bar will naturally be more expensive than a shorter one.
3- The difficulty of installation: If you have a truck with a complicated electrical system, then the installation will be more expensive.
4- The number of lights: More lights mean a higher price tag.
5- Features: If you want additional features like remote control or wireless operation, then you can expect to pay more for the light bar.
6- The Brand: Some brands are simply more expensive than others.
LED Light Bars vs. Spotlights – What’s the Difference?
LED light bars and spotlights are both excellent choices for truck lighting. However, there are some key differences between these two options. These include:
- LED light bars are typically much brighter than spotlights.
- Lightbars provide a wide beam of light, while spotlights provide a narrow beam of light.
- Lightbars are easier to install than spotlights.
- Finally, LED light bars typically have a longer lifespan than spotlights.
For all these reasons, LED light bars are the better choice for any truck.
Some of the best places to buy a light bar include online retailers and specialty stores that sell truck parts and accessories.
These stores typically have a wide selection of light bars to choose from and can offer expert advice on which one is right for your truck.
Furthermore, these stores often provide installation services, which can save you time and money.
Before you proceed, it’s important to check with your local laws and regulations to ensure that your truck is compliant with the rules and regulations in your area, as, in some states and provinces, there can be restrictions on the size, type, and a number of lights that can be used on a truck.
Based in Orem (Utah) John Paterson graduated from Utah Valley University and has begun writing in 2009. He has a large wealth of experience in writing articles related to cars, automotive repair, wheels, cleaning/maintenance, and much more. He has also written instructional articles in a similar niche for a few online publications as well. Currently, he works as a mechanic in his personal garage shop where he loves serving his countrymen from his heart.