In the world of car security, there are a variety of options to keep your vehicle safe. One popular option is using a laser-cut car key.
A laser-cut car key uses a high-powered laser to create a unique and specific pattern on each key.
Laser-cut keys are also called internal-cut or sidewinder keys. They have jagged teeth on the blade and can be cut only with a laser key cutting machine.
This makes them nearly impossible to replicate, making them much more secure than traditional keys.
Additionally, because the pattern is so specific, it’s unlikely that someone could accidentally clone your key if they had access to it.
As a result, using a laser-cut car key can give you peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is well protected.
So next time you’re considering upgrading your car security, be sure to ask about laser-cut car keys!
What are the Benefits of Laser-Cut Keys?
There are several benefits to using laser-cut keys:
1. Difficult to Duplicate
Laser-cut keys are much harder to duplicate than regular keys because of the way they’re cut
If someone tries to make a copy of your key without the proper equipment, it’s likely that the copy will not work.
2. Locks are very Hard to Get Picked
The jagged teeth on laser-cut keys make it more difficult for thieves to pick the lock.
Additionally, because they’re more difficult to duplicate, you can be sure that only you and those you trust have a copy of your key.
3. Available in a Variety of Designs
Laser-cut keys come in a variety of designs, so you can choose one that fits your style.
What are the Disadvantages of Laser-Cut Keys?
There are a few potential disadvantages to using laser-cut keys:
1. Laser-cut keys are typically more expensive than regular keys.
2. They require special equipment. If you lose your laser-cut key, you’ll need to go to a locksmith that has the proper equipment to cut a new one.
3. If you have an older lock that’s not designed for laser-cut keys, you’ll need to have it replaced before you can use a laser-cut key.
How can You Tell if a Key is Laser Cut or a Regular?
If you’re not sure whether a key is laser cut or regular, there are a few ways to tell:
1. Regular keys have evenly spaced teeth, while laser-cut keys have jagged teeth.
2. Laser-cut keys are usually made of brass, while regular keys are typically made of steel.
3. Regular keys can be cut with a machine that uses a rotary cutter, while laser-cut keys can only be cut with a machine that uses a laser.
If you’re still not sure, your best bet is to ask a locksmith. They’ll be able to tell you for sure whether a key is laser cut or regular.